Our skin can become dry and more sensitive with the colder weather and central heating. What can help? keep hydrated during the day, drink green tea which has great anti-oxidant effects and update your skin care routine. You can visit Zazou for a skin analysis to get the right products for your skin type. Here are some fail proof recommendations all from LaBiosthetique’s skin care range.
1. Gentle cleansing: is a must this time of year, our skin barrier needs to be healthy so that it can retain vital moisturizer. If your skin feels tight after washing it is likely that the cleanser you are using has disrupted your skin barrier. Skin should feel hydrated and calm after washing. Feeling like if you use a gentler cleanser that you might break out? Hydration helps reduce inflammation and break outs.
Oily Skin/ Dehydrated Skin: Mousse Nettoyante: Purely plant-based surfactants made of rice protein form an airy foam, smoothly glide over the skin and thoroughly free it from dirt and sebum. A treat for very dry, scaly and sensitive skin. Mousse Nettoyante is a little cleansing miracle – as gentle as a milk and as effective as a soap.
Dry Skin: Clair De Teint Sensitif: This emulsion ensures the skin’s biological balance is maintained, whilst providing particularly gentle and thorough cleansing. Pure oat surfactants gently cleanse the skin. The cleanser rapidly and thoroughly removes make-up, dirt and residue.
2.Toners: Lots of people still (mistakenly) think that toners are unnecessary, but they’re especially important when it comes to the colder months. Enjoying your winter skincare routine is similar to enjoying your winter wardrobe–it’s all about the layers. Toners prep your skin for the layers of moisturizer, sunscreen and makeup that are yet to come, all the while bringing your moisturizer deeper into your skin- upping the efficacy of you moisturizer from 50% to 75-80%. Splashes of water and witch hazel are simply not enough; the toners that keep skin supple and healthy are the ones that focus on hydrating and nourishing more than simply refreshing.
Oil Skin/ Dehydrated Skin: Tonique Hydratante: A Multimineral cocktail! A mix of magnesium, zinc and copper restores vitality and energy to your skin’s balance while hylronic acid keeps moisture locked into the skin.
Dry Skin: Visalix Jeunesse: The mild formulation in Visalix Jeunesse tones and refreshes the skin after thorough cleansing and improves the skins softness. It is perfectly prepared for the subsequent care. Significant test results in the improvement of the skins softness and smoothness, the reduction of skin scaling and itchiness were scientifically proven.
3. Serums: For real If you haven’t already incorporated a serum into your skincare routine, you are missing out on some insane moisturizing and anti-aging benefits. Serums are thinner than moisturizers but contain a rich concentration of active ingredients to target skin concerns. You can give your face a drink with serums containing hyluronic acid use this powerful humectant to grab moisture out of the air and hold it to your skin’s surface to deliver deep, lasting hydration. You can give your skin nourishment with serums containing biomimetic oils (oils that mimic our own.) A serum is a perfect way to protect the integrity of your skin against dry winter air!
Oily skin/ Dehydrated skin: Concentré Hyaluronique: Small but effective: a powerful quartet of four different types of hyaluronic acid develops an intensively moisturizing effect on the skin. The tiny molecule structure of these acids enables them to deeply penetrate the skin, where they stimulate the skin renewal process, bind moisture and protect against further cell damage.
Dry Skin: La capsule: The effective lipid serum combines pure gamma linolenic acid of borage oil and essential vitamins to create an innovative cocktail for beautiful looking skin.
4. Care Creams: Your Sweaters and knits aren’t the only things that should be getting heavier with the colder months. Your face moisturizers, too, should be thickening up to protect and quench your skin against the colder months. It is important to consider your skin type first. Those with oily complexions, for example, will want a formula that’s hydrate, while extra-dry skin types should go for something that contains heavy-duty moisturizing ingredients that nourish the skin.
Oily Skin/ Dehydrated Skin: Menulphia Jeunesse Hydratante: The innovative formulation of the face care Menulphia Hydratante gives dehydrated skin an extra moisture boost. The skin-related lipo amino acids improve skin vitality thanks to the significant visual reduction of inflammation.
Dry Skin: Douceur Sensitif Riche: Douceur Sensitive Riche is particularly rich and offers perfect skin beautiful protection day and night. Phytosterols, which form part of the skin as the main component of the lipid layer, fortifies sensitive skin and revitalizes the impaired skin barrier layer.
5. No more puffy eyes! With the winter days being darker longer do you find yourself feeling tired? Revitalize your under eyes with the with a product that’s a must for tired, red or puffy eyes.
Patch Gel Liftant: These cooling gel patches provide instant first aid eye care as well as a 24-hour long-term moisturizing effect. Apply to the under-eye area, relax and experience magically beautiful eyes.
6. Don’t forget your lips! Winter can be a brutal time of the year for your lips. The cold air, wind and dry, heated air inside all conspire to make your smoocher dry and tight. To top it all off, when we go out in the cold, the mouth is usually among the last things we cover up. Having a day lip treatment and a night time lip treatment will help you avoid uncomfortable peeling and cracked lips over the winter months.
Daily Care lip balm: Daily Care “lipstick” supplies valuable moisture and wonderfully wearing comfort with its rich cream base.
Nightly Care: Traitement levres. The cell-active anti-aging lip care Traitement Lèvres is a little lip miracle with an instant boosting effect. In a flash, dry and chapped lips are transformed into beautifully cared for lips with a clear contour.
Dealing with winter skin can be challenging but hopefully with these tips your skin will stay happy and healthy through the colder months.