As we navigate the ‘new normal’ we want to ensure our team and guests feel confident that we are taking all the necessary measures to keep everyone safe.
In doing so we have made the decision to ensure all entire team is BeautySafe Certified. With this certification our team feels confident in how they and the entire salon are managing sanitation.
BeautySafe Certification was developed with the assistance of Cosmetology & Health Professionals from across Canada, including:
- BC Centre of Disease Control
- Cosmetology Association of Nova Scotia
- Fraser Health
- Ministry of Health (PSE Guidelines)
- Vancouver Coastal Health Authority
- WorkSafe BC
The safety of our guests and team is our top priority, therefore we have implemented the following measures at Zazou as we continue to adapt to this ‘new normal’:
- Restricted scheduling and closed half our stations to limit the number of people who can be in our space at one time
- Cleaning and or/disinfection of all surfaces and implements between every guest.
- All capes and linens are laundered and dried at high heat.
- Every guest has new, clean linen that has been stored appropriately.
- Any non-essential items that could potentially transfer germs has been removed. (ie. Magazines, etc). Complimentary WiFi is available for use and you may bring your own reading material.
- Sanitation of payment machines between guests and we encourage contact-less payment when possible.
- Team wears masks during services. We ask that upon entry masks are worn and continued to be worn throughout services.
- Discontinued handshaking and non-essential contact.
- Limited seating in waiting area.
- Social distancing stickers on the floor to show you where to comfortably stand.
- Plexi-glass barriers / sneeze guards at the front desk.
- Clear signage communicating our procedures to our guests.
- Pre-screening of our team members including temperature checks. If our team is experiencing any symptoms or feels sick, they will be asked to stay home, follow the guidelines of 811 and we will reschedule all their guests.
- Booking an appointment you will be asked the following:
- Have you travelled outside of BC in the last 14 days prior to your appointment?
- Have you come in contact with someone who has tested positive with COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you been told to isolate by any Health Authority in the last 14 days? (We ain’t the place for isolation 😉)
If you answer YES to any of these questions we ask that you book your next appointment time accordingly.
GUEST ARRIVAL PROCEDURE:
- We have a $6.55 COVID FEE added to every service. This is to help us provide all the necessary PPE and disinfectant product required to keep you safe and allow for the additional time needed to sanitize thoroughly between each and every guest as we function in a restricted scheduling world.
- We ask guests to wear a mask. If you do not have one, we have disposable masks available.
- We recommend arriving no earlier than five minutes before your appointment.
- We are communicating with guests to please be patient if we are running behind!
- Complete the salon waiver, if you have not already completed one online prior to your appointment. This includes pre-screening questions regarding any symptoms, travel outside of BC, contact with a COVID positive case and/or asked by Vancouver/Fraser Health to isolate before entry.
- We will ask you to wash your hands upon arrival or use hand sanitizer that will be provided.
- Once you have cleared the assessment and washed your hands than you will be directed to your stylist and their station.
- Groups cannot come into Zazou at one time. No friends or family are permitted to join unless they have an appointment.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms or feel unwell in any way, we ask that you reschedule your appointment as you may be asked to leave if our team feels they cannot confidently perform your service.
- We will have a strict no-show policy as our schedule is limited. Cancellation fees will be waved at this time, however, if you do not arrive for your appointment without notice and we do not hear from you, we will ask you to pay for this service in full when coming in for your next appointment.
Through these measures we are confident that we can keep our team and our guests safe as you enjoy an exceptional experience.
We are all in this together