Protection from ultraviolet (UV) radiation is important all year round, not just during the summer or at the beach. UV rays from the sun can reach you on cloudy and hazy days, as well as bright and sunny days. UV rays also reflect off of surfaces like water, cement, sand, and snow. Indoor tanning (using a tanning bed, booth, or sunlamp to get a tan) exposes users to UV radiation. UV rays from sunlight are the greatest during the late spring and early summer. UV rays can have harmful effects on your skin but they can also cause your hair to dry out and your hair colour to fade!
So how can you make sure you are staying protected this summer?
Best ways to for protect from UV radiation:
- Use Heat Protectors for your hair! Check out our hair tutorial videos here!
- Be sure to use a shampoo and conditioner with colour protection to help your hair colour last! La Biosthetique Protection Couleur or Davines Nounou are a great start! Right now both have a gift with purchase this summer until supplies last!
- Use K’Pure all natural Bug Off! Find out more here!
- Use sunscreen with sun protective factor (SPF) 15 or higher, and both UVA and UVB protection.
- Find out more about Coola Organic Suncare! Click here
- You don’t have to be burned to be bronzed! Avoid indoor tanning. Try SunnaTan Sunless Tanning instead. There are no UV rays involved and you still end up with a beautiful, even glow. For more information click here.
- Learn about some great post summer hair care tips you can do throughout summer to protect your hair!
- Stay in the shade, especially during midday hours.
- Wear clothing that covers your arms and legs.
- Wear a hat with a wide brim to shade your face, head, ears, and neck.
- Wear sunglasses that wrap around and block both UVA and UVB rays
And remember…always use protection and enjoy the sun!