Anna is from La Biosthetique and she is a certified skincare therapist and educator with in depth knowledge of the skin and scalp to provide recommendations to target concerns or for overall skin health. We are all very excited to have her on site at Zazou to share her knowledge with our team so they can share recommedations to their guests in order to provide a total beauty & style experience.
A new year and a new beginning – let´s start 2016 off powerful with a new generation of cell-active, moisture therapy!
Does your skin feel tight, have some fine lines and look rather tired and exhausted? This may be the result many reasons including stress related irritations, climatic influences, unsuitable care, age related factors and of course one of the largest contributing factors, lack of hydration.
How often do you say, “But I drink a lot of water throughout the day! How is my skin dehydrated?”
There are many good reasons why we should drink water. It’s refreshing, it helps your brain function, maintains energy levels, regulates body temperature, aids digestion and ultimately, keeps your body healthy. In essence, you can´t survive more than a few days without it!
Not surprisingly, we humans aren’t like plants. Our skin doesn’t perk up when we consume water. In fact, when you ingest it, water doesn’t go straight to the skin. It travels through the intestines, gets absorbed into your bloodstream, is filtered by your kidneys and then hydrates your cells. When it comes to moisturising your skin, drinking water falls short of being the main solo player.
Your skin type, whether it’s dry, oily or, a combination of both, can be a result of your genes and also how you treat it. The natural moisture level fluctuates depending on wha t your skin’s protective lipid barrier is exposed to. This lipid layer helps keep moisture in andgerms and irritants out; a further reason why dry skin can become red and itchy. Minimising your exposure to depleting elements such as low humidity, harsh winds, dry heat, high altitude, sun, alcohol, long baths and stripping soaps, can help prevent the loss of natural oil found in our skin.
Can you guess which product I am about to suggest?
- La Capsule Hydratante is a combination of highly effective moisture and calming lipid care which offers intensive cell protection. It directly influences various factors of “thirsty” skin, visibly and noticeably moisturizes it.
- Micro-encapsulated hyaluronic acid instantly and visibly smoothes skin, and noticably adds more moisture, leaving it feeling plump and velvety soft.
- A natural complex of rice, sugar beet and rosemary extract protects cell DNA.
Skin, which is prone to redness, is gently cared for and inflammatory reactions are rightaway reduced.
- Cactus-like Salicornia Herbacea extract is a plant which grows in the flooded tidal flats of ocean coasts. It is an intelligent regulator of epidermal water balance and is proven to intensify the skin’s moisture binding capacity.
- Rock samphire extract protects skin cells against external stimuli and UV-induced cell stress (DNA protection of the cells). It increases the production of ceramides, which are valuable skin components. These are responsible for the cohesion of the skin’s hydro lipid film. Thus every single skin cell is activated, working more intensely together. It not only stimulates cell renewal in the skin, it also protects against inflammatory processes; therefore, ideal for sensitive skin which is prone to redness.
Diet can play a role in strengthening your skin’s ability to maintain moisture, too. Foods rich in essential fatty acids may be found in walnuts, flaxseed, salmon and olive oil. These foods can help skin cells bind moisture, preventing evaporation. A German study conducted by the Institute of Experimental Dermatology, revealed women
and men who applied and took borage-oil supplements for 12 weeks, experienced a significant increase in skin moisture and a reduction in roughness. A healthy diet comprised of three to five servings of fatty acids per week will suffice the average person. Foods rich in fatty acids are valuable sources of alpha or gammalinolenic fatty acid; an acid which has an intensive effect against skin dysfunctions.
- Twist the capsule several times or snip it off to open.
- Using the fingertips, gently smooth the hydro lipogel over cleansed, toned skin.
- If necessary, apply additional care or make-up after leaving the product to work for a short while.
- The capsule is suitable for all skin types, even the most sensitive skin.
- Apply one capsule daily in the morning or evening.
- Use either separately or, as a part of hydrotherapy with Dermosthétique
- Hydro-Actif and/or in conjunction with your individual care routine.
The bottom line?
One La Capsule Hydratante a day will do much more for your skin than drinking water alone. One capsule a day, keeps dehydation away