How to take care of your Greatlengths Extensions at home
- Do not shampoo your new Extension for 2 days after installation
- It is recommended that you visit your Extension Specialist approximately two weeks after your application. This follow-up visit allows your Stylist to inspect the application to ensure that your Great Lengths application result is performing as expected.
- Do not touch your extension (especially keratin bond) with alcohol related products, such as perfume, hair spray, or hand sanitizers.
- It would be advisable Do not use leave-In Conditioner or hair spray which may cause the hair sticky and the hair might be tangling.
- Never Sleep on Wet Hair, and make sure your hair is completely dried before going to bed. Pull back your hair with a soft scrunches or braid it to prevent the hair from getting tangled.
- In the morning gently unravel the braid or the ponytail with your fingers. Brush with a 100% boar bristle brush (or professional U-Loop Brush) from the nape up, row by row, and also brushing up from end to roots gently.
- Keep the hair CLEAN. We suggest that you wash the hair at least once or twice a week with warm water. When dirt accumulates, including sweat, hair tangles!!!
- It is very important to wash the hair in one direction, upright position. Squeeze the conditioner with shampoo from top to bottom. Then rinse it out with clean water. Put extra conditioner and finger hair while the conditioner is on and rinse it with clean water again.
- NEVER dry with a scrubbing action, wrap with a towel until water is absorbed and then use dryer at medium heat,
- Don’t comb the wet hair, use fingers going through the wet hair while blow-drying. Comb and style the hair after the hair is 100% dry. holding the weft with the other hand to keep it from breaking down the hair and shedding
- When swimming in chlorinated water, always wear a cap to prevent the hair from chlorine, which may cause the hair to tangle. Also, when going to the spa, the hair should be brushed out completely and should be wrapped in a cold wet towel or in a braid. Do not use hot tubs or sauna’s as this can break down the bonds and cause hair to dry and frizz.
- Over exposure to chlorine, saltwater and sulfur from hot weather could break down the integrity of the bonds and led to pre-mature fall out or tangling.
- It would be advisable NOT TO TINT, COLOR, PERM or any other extra process to the hair extensions because it is already processed hair at the Manufactures. Please be extra careful especially with blondes and light colors.
- You can use curling irons, electric rollers and blow dryers. Extension can be styled as your own hair. When using any type of appliance on your hair, use on medium heat being careful never to place heat directly on the hair bonds.
The Average time that Global Hair Extensions can last 4-8 months or even longer with proper care. The length of time that extensions last can be longer or shorter and will vary from person to person based on several factors including hair growth cycles, lifestyle and proper maintenance. Also, while you have extensions, loss of a few extension strands due to natural fallout is normal.
Great Lengths recommended Shampoo and Conditioner
- Great Lengths Daily Moisture Shampoo – with GSP-1® and Auqarich®
This unique formula makes this shampoo perfect for daily use. It hydrates and nourishes the hair and provides shine and volume. Great Lengths hair products are dual-active for both hair structures.
- Great Lengths Conditioner 60 sec. – with GSP-T® and Aquarich®
This unique formula intensively nurtures dry and badly stressed hair to give a healthy shine and manageability. Directions: Massage carefully into wet hair, rinse thoroughly after 1 – 2 minutes.
How to Brush your Great Length Extensions
- It is recommended to brush your hair three times a day with the recommended Great Lengths brush. Unlike many extension systems, regular and thorough brushing is recommended for Great Lengths extensions.
- Beginning at the nape, brush row by row, scalp to ends. Always pull Great Lengths into a softly help ponytail while sleeping or any activity that has your hair blowing in the wind. These important brushing and steps will prevent tangling at the attachment sites.
Styling your Great Length Extensions
- Styling options for Great Lengths are virtually limitless. However, there are a few precautions you will want to take.
- Blow-drying and use of curling irons, flat irons and hot rollers may be used but heat must be kept at an adequate distance for 1.5 inches from the bonds.
- Some extension loss is normal throughout the life of your Great Lengths application.
- The average person experiences natural hair loss of 100 to 150 hairs a day. A full-head Great Lengths application covers approximately one-third of the head. After some time you can expect to see a small quantity of your hair that has shed naturally yet is still attached to the bond. This is normal and should not be interpreted as hair that has been pulled out of the scalp by the extensions.
- Daily brushing as instructed above will void those loose hairs from tangling or matting at the attachment site.