At Zazou, quality is of the utmost importance. For this reason we use Indian Temple Hair (Remy Hair), which means that all hair cuticles face the same direction which reduces the possibility of tangling making the hair easy to maintain, last longer, and resistant to an active lifestyle.
Get the gorgeous hair of your dreams! If you’re looking for volume, length, or looking for a creative change, hair extensions are for you! Zazou offers a variety of different hair extension options to suit your lifestyle and hair needs. We will help you make the decision on which one is best suited for you. You can read up on the different types of hair extensions in our FAQ below. See our Hair Extensions Pricing
Frequently Asked Questions
Prices will be discussed during consultation with your hair stylist.
- They are undetectable if blended properly.
- They lie extremely flat to the head.
- They can add highlights or lowlights instantly.
- They add beautiful lengths and volume.
- They are reusable.
Tape hair extensions are exactly how it sounds… tape applied to hair. Individual wefts in 2-4 inch sections have a special double sided hair tape applied to them. Then an adhesive is applied and your hair is sandwiched in between each of these tape hair extensions. These are the flattest method there is. Tape hair extensions are for anybody. But they are the best for women who have thin hair as they are the flattest method out there.
On average these extensions last 2-3 months until the need to be re-installed. The general rule is if you have 3 fingers width of regrowth its time for a tightening! How long they last also depends on how fast your hair grows and how well you take care of them. Hair can be reused (can only guarantee reuse if you shampoo/condition with specialized extension shampoo/conditioner and use specialized extension brush). These extensions do not damage your hair. Damage occurs from poor maintenance, styling tools, and excess pulling of the hair.
We use 100% human Remy hair. Remy is not a brand itself, it is just a type of hair. Remy means the cuticles are pointed in the same direction. This is the healthiest hair; it lasts longer, and reduces tangles.
Call for a complimentary consultation on receiving the hair you’ve always wanted.
Clip-ins can be worn every day or just for special occasions. They are so easy to use you can change your look whenever you please. There are 8 pieces in each set that can be matched to suit your hair colour. You can customize your look; wear all 8 pieces for a dramatic, full look, or fewer pieces for a subtle look.
Complimentary consultations are available to find out more information and to find your perfect colour match.
- Check out our technicians’ biographies online here.
- You should not feel rushed during your consultation.
- Our technicians will make sure you have all the information you need to make a decision you feel good about. It’s important to have all the information first!
Important: Our technicians will be able to give you a firm quote during your consultation.
- An experienced technician is able to tell fairly accurately how much hair will be needed to achieve your desired results.
- Ensure the technician is informing you on the whole process.
- This includes the actual service and home-care information.
- A good technician will have a nice and clean placement technique, and are experts at colour matching and blending to ensure the extensions look natural.
- Improper installation can lead to discomfort in your hair, and can cause breakage and damage.
- All of our hair extension technicians are professionals at making the extensions a seamless part of your hair.
- You will receive all the information you need in order to make a decision you are confident about.
- The stylist will go over what would work best for your needs and lifestyle.
- You will be given a solid quote based on this information.
- This is your hair, so we want you to be as happy with the end result as possible!
During the consultation, the stylist will determine:
- Which kind of hair extensions would work the best for you and your lifestyle.
- How many bundles/wefts of hair will be needed.
- What length of hair you will need.
Based on all this:
- Our technicians will give you a solid quote which includes the cost of the hair extensions, installation, haircut and taxes.
- If you decide you want the service, our technicians will go ahead and do a colour match and take a deposit.
- Whether you desire length or volume or both.
- How many bundles or wefts you need for your hair type and desired result.
- How long it will take to attach the extensions
- On average, to add length to your hair you will need 3 to 6 bundles of hair.
Contact us to schedule for a free consultation that will provide you with a solid quote.
Things to keep in mind:
- If a price seems too good to be true, typically it is.
- An underestimation of how much hair you will need can change the quote dramatically.
- To avoid this, our technicians are trained to ensure the proper amount of hair is known before the service proceeds.
- A general rule is that longer, thicker hair will require more bundles of extensions to achieve the desired results.
- This is really determined by you and what type of hair extension you have chosen.
- With Tape-in and Great Lengths extensions your extensions will grow away from your scalp as your hair grows.
- Generally people can go for three to six months before the extension require service or removal.
- That depends on what you want to do! And the type of hair you naturally have.
- Typically more bundles are required if you want more length to ensure your ends do not look too thin.
- 3 to 6 bundles are usually required to achieve the desired results, but more may be needed to add natural looking length.
- To add fullness without length, the number of bundles needed will depend on how full you want your hair to be.
- The most important thing you must remember is that enough hair must be added or else it won’t look good.
- Our experienced technicians will be able to determine how many bundles you will need to ensure your extensions look healthy and natural.
- Certainly not!
- Many people have extensions to add fullness to their thin or fine hair.
- Extensions can really add volume to your hair and even make styling easier.
- The extensions should not be applied any lower than the base of your scalp, so your natural hair will cover the extensions.
A quick tip:
- Tape-in extensions lie flat on your scalp so therefore are harder to turn upside down to put your hair up.
- If you are the kind of person who likes to wear your hair up all the time we recommend Great Lengths or Clip-ins
- Only if they are installed poorly.
- Poorly installed extensions can result in tension on the hair that will cause discomfort and damage.
- Some methods of attachment are more damaging than others, but with the proper installation and detachment methods, it does not need to damage your hair.
- It is very important to follow the care instructions your technician gives to you.
- If proper homecare is not followed you may experience tangling and damaged hair.
- Make sure you moisturize! This is important for growing out your natural hair and to take care of your extensions.
- Extensions do not receive your natural scalp oils, and can become brittle without proper care.
- Our technicians can recommend moisturizers, shampoos, and conditioners to ensure your extensions remain as healthy as possible.
- Treat them with kindness. As much as you do not want to burn, break, or kill your real hair with chemicals the same goes for hair extensions.
- You can still use styling tools, but take extra care when using them.
- Let us recommend what type of brush to use in order to get out all knots before you wash your hair, go swimming or go to sleep. We don’t want any unnecessary tugging and pulling!
- Don’t leave the extensions in for too long. We recommend three to six months. If left in too long, the hair will eventually break.