Now Hiring Apprentice Hairstylists
HAIR STUDENTS AND GRADUATES
The Academy Program is a 6 to 7 month program with four terms and a final exam in the style of a fashion show. For more details on our program click here!
As a hairstylist student in our Academy you are expected to perform the following responsibilities as required.
- Attend Academy Classes every Monday morning from 9am – 5pm
- Source and schedule your own models to complete quota cards throughout the program
- Commit to advancing yourself in your career through volunteer work, advanced education opportunities, community involvement, etc.
- Complete all assigned homework on time
APPRENTICE JOB DESCRIPTION:
As an Apprentice at Team Zazou you are expected to perform the following job responsibilities as required. Check out a the Hairstylist Job Description for details of the position once graduated from an Apprentice to Junior Stylist. Click Here!
- Open availability an asset (able to work one weekend day minimum). We offer flexible hours. This is not a 9-5, Monday-Friday industry.
- Washouts, toners, blowdry/style, and hair treatments
- Assist hairstylists with their responsibilities
- To welcome your guests with a big smile, positive voice and a friendly hand shake.
- Housekeeping is a critical part of the job. Housekeeping standards take a very high priority on our team. Apprentices are the main team members responsible for the overall cleanliness of the salon. This includes sweeping, laundry, dishes, cleaning stylist’s stations, cleaning colour walls and assisting with any other duties assigned.
- Between services and at the end of shifts, workspace is left immaculate. So must wash/colour areas or any stations used.
- To offer value added services to guests such as men’s mini facials, make up touch ups, skin and scalp analysis.
- To ensure guest is satisfied at the end of each service.
- To personally escort client to concierge for departure.
- To attend education classes regularly.
- Volunteer for community charitable events.
- Join us for our Team Social events when possible.
- To be a supportive member of our team!
EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
- We pride ourselves at always bringing to our guests the highest level of service experience and product knowledge.
- Zazou offers subsidized support for advanced education and offers ongoing complimentary classes in house each month.
- Apprentices receive education in the Academy complimentary as a student of our program.
- When scheduled as an apprentice on the floor compensation is minimum wage plus gratuities.
- Once graduated to a Hairstylist at Team Zazou pay structure changes to a commission structure for both services and retail.
- Industry leading competitive wages
- Vision, Medical & Dental benefits
- Ongoing education/travel incentives(in house, out of house and abroad). Zazou as a business contributes over $20,000 annually towards furthering our stylists’ education.
- As a stylist you will receive the highest level of training which is well recognized within the industry.
- Flexible hours. Huge supporter of work/life balance (work 4 days, work 5 you tell us).
- No Clientele necessary. We are in a high traffic area, lots of walk ins, will build a clientele quickly
- As an employee you have security, coaching opportunities, and marketing support to build a clientele.
- Partnered with Green Circle Salons to reduce our carbon footprint
- Align and work with environmentally conscious brands: Davines, La Biosthetique, Aveda, Wella, and Aria Beauty.
- Located in the heart of the BC coastal mountains.
- Out of the hustle and bustle of downtown Vancouver. On major bus routes to downtown Vancouver, Lonsdale Quay, West Vancouver, you name it.
- Tons of complimentary parking available in Lynn Valley Village
- Well known salon for over 20 years with a well-established and growing clientele.
- We have a great reputation both locally and nationally through our various community contributions and competition work.
- We’re a fun loving group of people that are passionate about serving people and our industry.
Learn. Grow. Succeed.
If you’re driven and passionate about the hair industry we want you!
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at 3033 Mountain Hwy. North Vancouver, BC