This year for Contessa the team came together to design their collection of incredible cuts, colours, style, and fashion. It’s a long, difficult weekend where they push the limits on their skills and creativity. The end results are amazing and we’re very excited about them. We can’t wait to share them with the world! Zazou […]Read More
Education is the cornerstone of our success.
Zazou Academy was established over 10 years ago by Owner Bruce Peters. The curriculum evolves and adapts to trends while surpassing today’s highest standards in the hair industry. Students receive free education in house and a paid position as an Apprentice to hone their skills
We have successfully had up to 15 graduates with more underway. This ensures our stylists step onto the salon floor fully prepared to provide the ultimate guest service possible.
Taught by an internationally trained educator, along with our very own Master Stylists, the students are receiving the best training possible.
What does the apprenticeship look like?
- Academy every Monday morning from 9am-1pm, unless it’s Advanced Education which is all day (mandatory, unpaid)
- Apprentice shifts are 10am-3pm or 3pm-9pm weekdays, and 11am-7pm weekends (approximately)
- Hours range from 2-4 shifts per week, 12-24 hours)
- 3 terms – (1) Apprentice, (2) Personal Assistant, and (3) Junior Stylist
- Opportunity to compete in shows and competition – Zazou has won 2013 and 2014 Contessa
- Student Apprentice of the Year
- Continuing Advanced Education with Aveda, Wella, Davines, and La Biosthetique
Education involves both precision and creative cutting, avante garde and commercial styling, advanced colouring techniques and chemical texture services.
There are three terms of the program.
- Term one is the basics of styling, cut and colour theory and guest care.
- Term two focuses on the practical application of colouring & chemical service techniques.
- Term Three is advanced cutting and partnering up with a Master/Senior Stylist as their colour technician assistant to get the full experience.
Graduates are introduced to the floor as Junior Stylists. When they are ready the challenge the Junior Stylist Fashion Show exam. It’s a show demonstrating their talent and passions involving a variety of colour services, haircuts (both men and women) and styling.
Education does not stop there as they continue to grow with Zazou with ongoing advanced education occurring on a regular basis for all to attend.
We are excited to welcome four new apprentices into our Academy Program. One of their first classes was reviewing and finessing their blowdrying skills in preparation for their blowdry exam. They all passed with flying colours and are excited to be able to assist their team with express drys, round brush blowdries, flat iron curls, […]Read More