Lips also need protection to stay smooth, supple, and beautiful! The Skin Cancer Foundation recommends wearing at least an SPF 15 colourless lip balm.
Here’s some great information from a Tips on Lips article we found online:
- “According to The Skin Cancer Foundation, lips have almost no melanin (the color derived from tiny blood vessels beneath the skin), so it is important to protect them from sun’s harmful UV rays. The ultraviolet rays can damage the look and health of lips”.
- As part of your routine, if you wear lipstick, it is highly recommended to wear the SPF lip balm underneath first.
- It is also recommended to use a lip balm with moisturizing ingredients to prevent dry, chapped lips.
Zazou carries an excellent lip balm with SPF to help keep your lips safe this summer!
Jane Iredale Lip Drink – Broad Spectrum SPF 15 and UVA P++ protection
- Carrot seed oil to smooth, soften and soothe and avocado oil to protect and moisturize
- Coffee seed, Blackberry and green tea leaf extracts provide antioxidant benefits
- Lemon peel oil for a delicious fresh taste
Use LipDrink alone or layer it on top or underneath your favorite Lip Definer or PureMoist LipColour.