Enjoy this month´s beauty letter.
“Anti-aging protection!” – Anna
Autumn is a time of transition. As the days become shorter, temperatures drop, the air becomes drier and your skin may lose precious moisture. The best autumn skin care routines will correct any summer damage that has occurred and will prepare your skin for winter. For many people, the cold, clear days bring more than just a rosy glow to the cheeks. They also bring uncomfortable dryness to the face, hands and feet. For some people, the problem is worse than just a general tight, dry feeling with suffers experiencing skin so dry, it results in flaking, cracking and even eczema (in which the skin becomes inflamed).
Sun, chlorine and saltwater may have also taken a toll on your skin throughout the summer, so fall is a time to moisturize! You may have found a moisturizer that works just fine in spring and summer but as weather conditions change, so should your skin care routine. A cream that is oil-based, rather than water-based, is the key as the oil will create a protective layer on the skin that will retain moisture, preventing it from evaporating.
Are you curious what you can do to prevent dryness throughout the cold season? Here are my two staple products for the colder months…
Traitement Regenerant is a regenerating cell-active, anti-aging night cream which activates the repair mechanism of the skin to prevent aging and combats deep wrinkles. The reason why I tell my clients to use Traitement Regenerant, especially during the colder season, is because it is a multitasking cream!
- Liposomally encapsulated phyto-cell extracts protect and maintain the health of the regenerative capacity of the mother cell (the main cell which is responsible for skin regeneration).
- The development and growth of the elastic collagen fibres are supported while the elastin structure is improved.
- Brown algae flushes out sugar deposits which results in cell hardening. Such process is prevented and skin´s elasticity, tone, thickness and resistance to external influences is improved. The skin becomes firmer and tighter.
- Contains cactus extract which is an intelligent regulator for epidermal water balance! • Proven to intensify the skin´s moisture binding capacity.
- The natural barrier layer is strengthened and the skin structure is firmed.
- Vitamin B3, ceramides and phytosteroles are essential for skin health and supply skin layers with essential oils; preventing dryness, deeply combating wrinkes and ensures the skin remains intact and youthful.
I truly believe that beautiful skin is a result of not only what you do on the outside but also what you do within! Therefore, what you put into your body will come out through your skin. Essential fatty acids, such as gamma linolenic acid (GLA) are crucial for internal and external protection. GLA and omega fatty acids are very special fatty acids which is the key to beautiful, glowing, soft skin. The body can make GLA from vegetables, nuts and seeds that we eat. The enzyme that aids the body to make GLA no longer works if we don´t get it from our diet. If we don’t get any from our diet, we develop a deficiency and may feel unwell. That is why they are termed “essential” fatty acids. However, these fatty acids are different than most other fats. As they are not solely used for energy, their biological active roles play importance in processes such as blood clotting and inflammation. Foods rich in GLA, omega-3 and 6 essential fatty acids and anti-oxidants include fish, seeds, flaxseed oil, nuts, vitamins A, C and E. Borage oil can also help reverse summer damage and prepare the body and skin for the challenges it will face during winter. These foods can further boost our immune system while preserving its quality and restoring its natural glow. So kick start your oils and nourish yourself from the inside as well as topically to your skin.
Until next time!